How to Publish a Scholarly Paper
Presenter(s): Thomas McGuinness (Bates College)
Location: Ryan Center
Description: As institutional researchers, we are constantly compiling data, analyzing results, and writing up findings. These essential IR tasks can also serve as the foundation of scholarly research. As part of a service to our membership and to promote scholarly contributions at the annual NEAIR conference, this hands-on workshop will discuss best practices in developing the content and substance for a scholarly paper. The workshop will give attendees the opportunity to develop their own scholarly paper and share feedback with other attendees.
Audience: All experience levels
Requirements: Laptops are required and participants are encouraged to bring examples of reports and research authored by the participant.
- Why write a scholarly paper?
- How are scholarly papers typically structured?
- What are the qualities of strong scholarly papers?
- How can institutional researchers turn their research into a scholarly paper?
- Time for working on papers and sharing feedback with peers